Monday, December 20, 2010

The making of...McManus Christmas Wine 2010

Since it's sooo cold outside, there's not a whole lotta sister picking going on (did I mention I hate cold weather).  But we are happy to share with you our first ever batch of our McManus Christmas Wine 2010!  We are super new to wine making and having a blast drinking making it. As a matter of fact this is the very first bottle we have labeled and foiled. We can appreciate our own imperfections, such as the wine bottle isn't exactly level in the picture, but I wanted to share with you the process. I'm working on this. Please forgive me :)




It's a fairly easy process. We purchased this wine making kit from a local winery.
Included in the kit...


Along with a wine mix of choice. For the Christmas wine we chose Pomegranate Wildberry Zinfandel (makes me smile on the inside just thinking about it).



Followed the instructions provided and in 28 days, you can have 30 bottles of your wine of choice! Nothing makes me happier than to cut the middle man out! We can do this ourselves......thank you very much! We consists of my husband, Kenny and we enlist family members along the way for the bottling process (btw,thanks mom).
.
Soon I'll have more pics of the brewing process to post. I think I'm gonna have to go for now and see if it's safe for others to drink...:) Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment