Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Kitchen

I finally made a change in my kitchen.  When we first built our home I thought I wanted this table.  Only to realize it overwhelmed the space.  It was way too big and bulky and not very family friendly. Not practical for our average casual family. This is the picture I listed on craigslist. The glass was so thick and heavy, it took two very strong guys to carry her away and I'm sooo glad they did!







You know how our lives and taste change over the years. I've found myself in love with farm tables in blog posts and magazines. It seems simple enough to find one right?  You know when you're looking for the perfect thing, it's no where to be found! I finally came across this table at Pier One. Matched up some chairs from World Market and it's much more functional and inviting (I would love to have a burlap runner).  







I'm debating on painting the metal pieces at the windows??? Whatcha think? 
Or maybe just find something new altogether. Any ideas?




I'm still trying to warm up to the newly painted hutch and mirror. I'm such a neutral color kinda girl. Adding color is scary to me! The hutch was black and the mirror was a dark brown with a black undertone. I think this gonna be alright....



Now, I'm in the market for new bar stools. 



I love vintage metal signs. This one isn't a keeper for this space because of the size, but it does add color and definitely character!  







Like everyone else, my home is always a work in progress. I would love to paint the cabinets and have bead board on the walls, but yes......I'm skeered! 

I hope you enjoyed the kitchen tour. As always, your comments are welcome. 
We would love to hear from you! 

~Marie 

3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is beautiful!!! I liked the glass table but I like the new one better too. It does warm the room and I'm sure your much like mine is the gathering place when you family and guess over!! I love it!! :)Lisa L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! The new table is ideal for us, especially the bench. We do always end up in the kitchen!

    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the new table! We must have similar taste! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete