Monday, February 14, 2011

At Home Shopping

Hello again! I promise, we have not been ignoring you, but life has kept us a bit busy. And with that being said, thank you as always for stopping by to visit during your busy lives. We appreciate it more than you know.

Recently I've been "shopping" in my own home. Rearranging from room to room, to "freshen" things up a little. As I have been working very hard to obtain financial peace, I've placed myself on a spending freeze.  Unfortunately, this became the end result of the wall by my back door after moving a picture from here to another room. Honestly, I'm embarrassed to say, it's been blank for weeks. I had nothing to put there at all.

Until this white frame fell from the top of a cabinet where it was propped as a layering piece. I picked it up and had nothing else to do with it, but hang it on the empty nail by the door (light bulb moment..). Picture quality...not so good. Sorry, I'm working on this...


I wish my cabinets were painted white. I'm not that brave just yet and my husband would probably not dig the idea. Oh well,  I'll dwell on it a little longer..
  As I shopped the house for the perfect decorative plate or picture of my girls to place in the center, I thought of the dinner party we were having for my nephew Bradley that night, as he is leaving in a few days for Haiti. How appropriate to find a picture of him to celebrate. This is his second mission trip and he had such wonderful pictures of his previous trip. It was a tough decision, they're all so beautiful and touching. I chose one from the file, printed it on plain paper and this is the end result. I love it and it's staying here for a long time to come. To top it all off, free decor...I can afford that ;) 

                



A picture is worth a thousand words. You can see the love and this is exactly what's calling him back. He and his friend Blair are going to serve for a month and a half with Mission of Hope Ministries. If you would like to follow in their journey you can visit them at http://www.bb2haiti.blogspot.com/ .
They leave Wednesday, 2/16/2011. We pray for their protection as they follow God's will.

Here are a few other pictures from his past trip.

















 Matthew 20:26-28 says “It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Blessings...Marie





2 comments:

  1. Hey Marie!
    Your blog looks great! I love the frame inside the frame, great idea! I also enjoyed seeing Bradley's pictures from Haiti:) I will keep him in my prayers.
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. The double frames are really cute! Anyways, I just got your comment on my blog about what glaze I used. I use ralph lauren faux technique glaze that has been tinted tea stain, but I added some black to the glaze. HOpe that helps!

    ReplyDelete