Monday, April 25, 2011

Everyone Loves a Good Makeover

Wow, these pieces were literally trash to treasure projects. We were lucky enough to do a friend a favor and move this wonderful buffet out of her garage before it would be shipped off to Goodwill.  She made room in her garage, in turn, we had a project. A win, win situation.

We could appreciate the wonderful detail and the fine wood this beauty is made of.  We scrubbed it down, removed all loose pieces of wood. We sanded several areas to smooth things a bit. The drawers were removed as well as the hardware. We replaced the hardware with some fab drawer pulls we landed at World Market.  We decided to try Behr Premium Plus Ultra, paint & primer in one (pot of cream), for the entire project. It is much thicker to work with, but seems durable and covered very well. After several coats, we were more than pleased with the end results.



The next piece was snagged directly from dumpster doom. Yes, it was on it's way out. Someone wanted it out of the way or didn't see the potential.  Whatever the reason, I'm so glad we found her.


We used the same paint, Behr Premium Plus Ultra, paint & primer in one (pot of cream). After several coats she was no longer trash, a wonderful treasure.


So, what do ya think? We always have issues parting with our finds.....I hope they find a good home.   
Can't wait to show you more
Roadside Relics..............Marie :)

6 comments:

  1. Well, I am totally IN LOVE with both these beauties. You did a fabulous job and thanks for telling us about that paint/primer all in one.
    I have a few pieces I want to paint and will give this a try.
    I'm bj from Sweet Nothings and your newest follower. Come on by sometime when you can.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice...I too am a "roadside relic!" I'm lovin' your blog...I have a lot in common with you both...I'm just doing it in California. Though my dream is to go to the Raleigh Flea Market someday...though we are "Financial Peace" and couponers too...so once I can pay cash for the trip and find an amazing deal I will book it! Good luck with your adventures...I'll be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those are both really great makeovers, love the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds!!!! i love it when a little inspiration (or paint) goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fantastic! I've tried that paint and the coverage is good, but it is thick! Have you ever tried Behr's porch paint? It's a little more expensive, but I seem to always go back to it.
    Debbi @ the beach

    ReplyDelete