Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Morning Muffins!

From the Brooks Family kitchen...
My husband bakes...yes you read that right...he bakes.  He literally won my heart through my stomach.  Other husbands on other blogs are handy with their circular saws and look hot in their little toolbelts...but nothing turns me on more than a man with a Kitchen Aid mixer.  His latest concoction....Pumpkin Muffins.  (Try saying that 5 times...I keep calling them pumpkin muffkins!!!)


These are not too sweet so they make a great breakfast for the family on the run and...they are low-fat. :) They will keep fresh for days so you make them today and enjoy Christmas morning!
Now, I am intimidated by recipes...so this scares me.  But my husband swears this is easy...so here it is:
Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz) canned pumpkin
3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
1/3 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup veggie oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 lg egg, lightly beaten
1 lg egg white, lightly beaten
Cooking spray

Topping:
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 tsp brown sugar

Directions:
1)  Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2)  Combine flour and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.  Make a well in the center of the mixture.
3)  Combine Pumpkin and next 6 ingredients in another bowl, then add to the well in flour mixture and stir until moist.
4)  Spoon mixture into muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with cooking oil.
5)  Sprinkle topping mix over the muffins and bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins spring back when lightly touched in center. 
6)  Remove from muffin pan immediately and cool on wire rack.

We like the oversized muffin pan and I like raisins added to mine!!!  Nuts can be added as well.  The top will be crunchy which contrasts perfectly with the moist center. Yummmmmm.....see why I love my man???

So our Christmas will start with Pumpkin Muffkins and end with The McManus Family Pomegranate Wildberry Wine... Thanks Marie!  

Merry Christmas from Connie and Marie!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you guys!! Just wanted to stop in and say hey...and tell you I've been praying for Tammy's family and for you. Thank you so very much for sharing with me and allowing me to pray about it...you have no idea how your kind comment blessed me. Thank you for that, and again, I'll be praying for strength and the comfort only He can give. Have a great night! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound yummy! What a lucky girl you are to have a baking husband! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete